Friday, March 10, 2006

A-Z Shoots




I don't think I have ever been more scared of the hike to the descent, but oh yes I had a few dozen heart attacks hiking accross to the A-Z shoots. They are the shoots to the skier's left of the Peak. I wish I had gotten a shot from the top of the pinnacles, but I was too busy hyperventilating! The hike is a sharp steep ridgeline, all there was to get a good footing was boulders that when you took a wrong step would fall and roll down the mountain. I got to the point where I hoped I would fall to end my panic. The next day my right arm was completely sore and tight-I thought I got carpel tunnel, my hand cramped up so bad from clutching my snowboard with dear life! Once we reached as far as we could go, Rob, Sky and I all picked our own shoot and prepared for the descent. It was a good fresh pow line-but I think it was about half worth it!!! The bottom shot is Rob and Sky recovering from the trip. I added the top to pics to really show where the A-Z shoots are on the mountain and a clearer shot of what we hiked and what we picked. I took these pictures from the top of Siberia, in the peak shot the a-z's are in the dead center of the ridge line to the skiers left of the peak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home