Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gas Works Park



I like this shot because it holds a nice contrast of industrialism and an organic component. Gas Works Park was my halfway mark on my 10 mile runs. The best runs of my life...I dream about it all the time. It was also a great place to take Howie and play ball, skate and just hang out in the sun. They hosted the 4th of July fireworks that we watched from Alki. Directly across Lake Union behind the no parking sign in the downtown area is about where our apartment was. I have a ton more pics of Gas Works and I will add them in sometime. None of the machines work anymore and you can walk around the tanks. It used to be a big bum hang out with trash barrel bonfires, but I think the city cleaned them out so it is a much friendlier place. The park was used as a paintball arena in "10 Things I hate about you", but to me it was a small little gettaway from the downtown blah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home