Thursday, May 11, 2006

MY SEATTLE SOUNDTRACK










While in Seattle, I had a blast finding the beauty in something that wasn't always beautiful. I will be honest...there were days I was not the happiest person in Seattle!!!! There were times I had to escape reality-which is how I felt in New York City too. Living-consumed in something so chaotic I felt like I was moving in slow motion with the volume down! Being surrounded by millions of people on a daily basis-I still felt very isolated and alone, like I was the only one there. Getting to the point-I was lucky enough to capture some gorgeous sunsets in Seattle and wanted to show you'all. I spent a plethora of days just wondering around aimlessly, biking to the library and back, sitting in bars watching all the 9-5ers going home contemplating my worth and what the future held for me; and of course pondering how I got myself in Seattle. I truly miss it though, I even miss our apartment...Honestly I can't describe how much I miss it!!! Maybe because it was so hard for us at times because we just aren't city folk. I miss the afternoon walks, my run around the city, Gas Works park, Alki, the Lobo, REI, SnoCon, rainy days, sunny days, yelling-kicking and screaming all the way to the grocery store due to traffic and parking. While we were there, sometimes I wanted nothing more than to leave, and now that I have finally decompressed after departing I want nothing more than to go back. Seattle is a colorful place filled with outrageous individuals flocking the streets that I will always remember as one of the best times of my life (some of the hardest times) but still a very fond memory. If I were to live in a city-Seattle would be the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home